Tuesday, May 16, 2006

5-16-06 Just the facts ma'am


Now that's showing my age, huh?

Ok, a few notes about what's going on in the world. Well, my tiny little self-centered world anyway. (snicker)

First, I get to be the bear from my previous post on Thursday an Friday. I took myself a coupla vacation days. Woohoo. Downtime. Sleeping in. Yay!

Second, although I have a coupla days off, the reason I took them was a bit upsetting. My conscience is struggling with it still. It will pass, I'm sure.
May 19th is Mom's birthday. She ran across a cheap flight and was going to come up from Houston to visit.
I panicked because she's never flown before and subsequently treated her as if she were a child. I find airports to be an overwhelming hassle. I pushed to let me come down there and fly back with her so she wouldn't be alone. She got insulted and decided she woulnd't come after all.
Ugh, the guilt. Sorry Mom. I worry. I worry a lot about things that aren't even real I guess. Rats.
So, she's not coming up and I have two days off. :P

Third - and most absolutely joyous....my sister is pregnant AGAIN.
Yes, the mother of that adorable, beautiful boy is going to have another adorable, beautiful child for me to love. Woohoo!!!
Look at me, I'm all Aunt Bea here:
LOL

Ok, that's enough news. What? It wasn't really news?




Oh, that's different. Nevermind. :)



Happy Tuesday all.

3 comments:

tsduff said...

Love the pictures - especially Chevy Chase and Gilda :-) sigh... a trip down memory lane for sure.

Moms are a funny lot, aren't they? We love them - too much sometimes I think :-D Get over the guilt - send her a funny card and make her laugh.

Okay Auntie - you are in for so much fun! Let the waiting commence :-)

Autumn Storm said...

Them be lucky kids to have such a loving aunt :-)
Mine milk that stuff :-D, don't know which is better, in any case, enjoy your 4-day weekend!!!!

Agnes said...

Thanks Trace and Terry. I think I really needed to hear that.
Losing Dad shifted my sister and I into this odd "take care of Mom" mode. We're both unsure of our place in the world now...maybe we're all unsure.
Regardless, I'm overreacting. I don't have kids and it's a darned good thing because I'd be hideously overprotective. LOL

Wow....I have to let my mom learn to fly. That's a hard thought.

Anyway, Gilda Radner was a blessing to this world and I still miss her. Gene's book about her was beautiful. If you haven't read it, it's sincerely worth the time.
www.half.com (Halfprice Books)

Finally, Thanks to all of you about the baby thing. You'd think it was me that's pregnant. Watch, I'll be getting sympathy morning sickness. LOL Ok I love that kid (my sister) and I adore her kid(s) and her hubby. They're such a great part of our world.
Happy happy Aunt Agnes. :)~