Friday, May 19, 2006

5-19-06

Main Entry: 1lim·bo
Function: noun
Pronunciation: 'lim-(")bO
Inflected Form(s): plural limbos
Etymology: Middle English, from Medieval Latin, ablative of limbus limbo, from Latin, border
1 often capitalized : an abode of souls that are according to Roman Catholic theology barred from heaven because of not having received Christian baptism
2 a : a place or state of restraint or confinement b : a place or state of neglect or oblivion c : an intermediate or transitional place or state d : a state of uncertainty

Photo by Kevin McCaughey


My friend and I have a joke about Limbo. We're often in it.
Limbo is a place of waiting. It is a place of non-action. Limbo requires immense patience.
Limbo is where one is when the world has flipped on a dime, with no notice, and one is waiting for it to right itself.
Generally, it doesn't right itself.
Generally, we become accustomed to the Limbo or the world flips again.
Quite oddly, I am comfortable in Limbo. It gives me something to look forward to.

Happy Friday.

9 comments:

Autumn Storm said...

I prefer doing the limbo :-) though I haven't done that in absolute yonks!
Happy Friday, Agnes, xo

Agnes said...

LMAO "YONKS"!! I love your accent. :D
Yes, I Googled "limbo" for some piccies this a.m. Many many pics of limbo dancers. All of whom are more limber than I. :P

Trée said...

Is there room for one more in limbo? :-)

Have a great weekend Aggie. Sending much love and peace your way.

Christa said...

Feels as if I've been in limbo all week long :p
Have a great weekend, Agnes :D

Agnes said...

P-lenty of room in Limbo Treé. :) C'mon in. The couches are all real comfy for long waits. I saved ya a spot right next to me...and apparently Christa's here too. :P
We could have a Limbo party.

Christa, I'm smiling just because you're here. So very happy and relieved to see you. Now it's nappy time. Get some rest. :)

Christa said...

I've been nappin for all of us during the past days :p Morphine tend to do that to ya ;)

Autumn Storm said...

Good to see you back, Christa! :-)

Trée said...

Good nite sweet sexy blogger babe. Peace to you this weekend.

Christa said...

:wave at Autumn: