Thursday, May 25, 2006

5-25-06 A bit surreal

"Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip."
-Will Rogers



I saw a couple of these yesterday. They were flying wild in the neighborhood. Someone's pets gone wild I guess.
I was happy for them....because they were together. Two against the world.

They seemed a colorful blessing against the dullness of the day.
I remember someone saying something about it being good luck if they nest in your yard. I don't recall why. Maybe just because their brilliant colors seem so hopeful.

Happy Thursday.

5 comments:

illusions said...

Killer creativity...by simply using colors in the quote. It fits so well with pic.

Christa said...

Nice colour match this morning, Agnes :D

tsduff said...

Ah - a beautiful Macaw... so brilliant and pretty! There is a giant flock of various parrots which live in San Francisco. The climate is such that it doesn't freeze, and they have gradually banded together over the years to be a familiar sight flying over the city.

I like to imagine it is "two on an adventure together in the world" not against the world. And it is cool that they are two. :-D Oh, BTW, I love your smiley today :-)

Autumn Storm said...

Very colourful, lovely post. Happy Thursday, x

Agnes said...

LOL Thank you Rupen. :) Always good to see you. Yes, I'm feeling very colorful lately. So, I guess I matched the quote with the bird and the color with my mood. Not too bad, huh?

Thanks Christa. hee hee - you know how much effort it takes my old fogie self to do all that coloring. ;P

Terry, I can't imagine a flock of parrots. How incredible that must be. Texas is starting to be a home to parakeets. I suppose those that adapt to the wild are migrating this directions. We see them come through in the late Spring...staying tropically warm.
I prefer your "adventure" perspective as well.
That smiley was a hoot, huh? I have actually had that happen. :)

Happy day to you too Autumn. (It's Friday by the time I get to read/post again.) Thank you for your compliments. :)