Monday, October 03, 2005

10-03-05 12:35 a.m. The dreams I'm not having

Not at all surprised that I'm awake tonight. Went to bed with bitter thoughts. Can't think myself out of it by lying still.

Dreams
**I woke this morning from a dream. It was a good dream. That will sound odd as I go on.
I dreamt that I was moving into a smaller place. Throwing out all the clutter and only filling the space with necessity. I was leaving so much behind to do it. It was sad and cleansing at the same time.
I was very uncomfortable about it when I awoke.

**I have a recurring dream. It is in third person. I see myself from the back. I am standing at the edge of a lake. The wind is lightly blowing the tall grass around me. My long hair and long skirt are blowing as well.
A man passes behind me. He glances my way and stops. He recognizes me even from behind and even though we've not seen each other in many years.
He walks up slowly and puts a gentle hand on my shoulder. I turn slowly to face him. He looks for a moment and his eyes fill with tears of joy. He says "I knew it was you."
There is a long pause. I slowly reach up and stroke his cheek with my hand. My eyes brim with tears as well.
And as the first tear falls down my cheek, I say "No. No it's not." I turn and walk away, leaving him in the past forever.
(I am completely aware of the cause of this dream because I know the very first time I had it and what it means.)

**The first dream I can remember having, I had when I was 2 years old. The dream involved me being in a dangerous situation and someone saving me at the last moment. I've told my mother about that dream and she told me the person I remember was the boy next door. He was 20 then. She said he adored me. Apparently, I adored him as well. His name was Michael. Wouldn't it be interesting if I could speak to him now?
Regardless, this theme returns over and over. It has all of my life. At times they repeat so often that I begin to believe they are a memory instead of a dream.
Odd though. I don't recall ever being in a perilous situation or being saved from one.
Something about someone coming to my rescue seems to be comforting to me. It's probably horribly Freudian.

Insomnia comes when the longing in my soul cannot be quieted. It comes when I cannot locate, in my mind, that savior.

So you find yourself on this rock
Spinning 'round he sun
Where the clock hands color every chance.
Before the music's over
and your songs have all been sung
Tell me what will you bring to the dance?
Some things only you can decide.
Find your way to satisfy
this longing deep inside.
Help me.
Hear me calling.
Come catch me.
I think I'm falling.
I know I'm running out of time.
Wide eyed - Full of wonder.
I can't hold out much longer.
Come save me
from this heart of mine.
Save me from this
longing.
Love will not surrender
to the pull of gravity.
It feeds the hunger
of the tides that rise and fall
Every ripple set in motion
spinning into mystery
Leaves me humble
at the beauty of it all.
Still the longing cannot be denied;
All the stories of blood and bone
buried deep inside.
Help me.
Hear me calling.
Come catch me, I think I'm falling.
I know I'm running out of time.
Wide eyed - Full of wonder
I can't hold out much longer.
Come save me
from this heart of mine.
Save me
Save me
Save me
from this longing
deep inside.
So you find yourself on this rock.
Spinning 'round the sun...
~Rik Emmett~

12 comments:

Christa said...

Dreams are like a window to our soul...

I hope you got some rest :hugs: I was awake too during the night and didn't get to bed until around 4.30 am.

Agnes said...

Sometimes that window concerns me.

Not a wink.

I'm really sorry you were up all night as well. I hope, maybe, you get to sleep in.
Too bad the time difference between us. I could have sought you out. (Unfortunately, I was mindlessly staring at Desperate Housewives at 4:30a.m. your time.)

Christa said...

We could've stared at it together :D

Don't be afraid of that window. There's nothing wrong with your dreams, believe me. I think we all have dreams that keep coming back, both good and bad ones, those that makes sense and those that doesn't.

And I just woke up btw....asnd it's 3.10 PM my time @c@

Agnes said...

That's some serious sleeping in Christa.
Hmmm, maybe we are in the same time zone. Your internal clock seems to be a touch off. ;)

Christa said...

My internal clock was being kicked off any timezone when I had the cancer almost 13 years ago now, so yawp. The weird thing is tho that when I've been living in the US I'm on European timezone and when I'm here I'm on the US timezone...there's been a mixup somewhere I think ;)

Lindsey said...

Wow...that is so crazy that you've had this dream for so many years now...how interesting.

Trée said...

Hey, I'm still up over here. Come show me what "middle" means--LOL. I'm a visual learner by the way. Show me what ya got Aggie. w00t!

Trée said...

Poking my head inside the tent . . . Mmmm . . .Hellooooooo, anybody home . . . Aggie, Aggie, come out to play. Hellooooooooo . . . ;-)

Trée said...

Ok, I've got two paper cups and some string. I'm throwing rocks against your bedroom window. Helloooooooo. Hey Aggie, you there. I got some chocolate, graham crackers and marshmellos. Mmm . . .

Linny, you there, anyone, anyone??? LOL

Autumn Storm said...

Some say that souls come out to meet each other in dreams. Not so sure about that :-), but can be a nice thought (if it's someone we want to see).

Christa said...

No Ben & Jerry in here, Trée? lol

Agnes said...

Ben&Jerry, that's what I was waiting for. Haha.
Sorry Trée, I don't usually have two sleepless nights in a row anymore. I like sleep too much and I will take a pill if I have too. (Ugh, Tylenol PM hangover)
Besides, the blogserver doesn't seem to like me much lately.

I'm looking for photo of middle. You'll just have to wait that one out. ;)

Linny, I don't know if it's odd to have the same dream all my life. I've often wanted to research that psychologically...but...part of me thinks if I do, it will go away. I'm comforted by it so I'll keep it.
Maybe I'll reach some grand moment of awareness and it will all make sense.