Thursday, October 20, 2005

10-20-05

Only a few minutes to post because I am fall-over exhausted. Very long day.
Dad's doing better. He looks pale to me but his fever has subsided. Poor Mom. She takes care of everyone in spite of her own health. I wish she wouldn't. We all do. But...I am just like her in that respect so I wholly understand and will not fight her on it. I just want to give her an out and let her get some rest.
I hope my mother will let me relieve her tomorrow. I can entertain my father all day. She needs to sleep.

Tonight she will stay, again, at the hospital with Dad. She has been feeding him Ibuprofin every four hours on the dot. Tylenol didn't work so she got he docs consent to override that order.
Still he spent last night with chills and some fever. This morning his fever was down and it seems to be staying that way. We'll see what the morning holds.

Tomorrow will include another CAT scan of the lung. The "thing" is not yet wholly identified. It has been described as "an abcess" and "necrophatic tissue" and "a nodule" and "an aspirated aggrivation". Let's stick with "the thing" for now.
It is not cancerous. Maybe we should call it "the non-cancerous thing".

**Sidenote: Tonight will be the first night in my whole life that I will sleep alone in my childhood home. That is a very odd feeling. Fortunately, I'm tired so it should be ok.

Thanks again to all who are watching and keeping us in your thoughts. :)

7 comments:

Autumn Storm said...

Hi Agnes.
Hope you had pleasant dreams and that the next days hold nothing but breakthroughs, recovery and happy smiles.
Thinking of you. Update us when you can.
Hugs,
Autumn xxx

Christa said...

{{{{hugs}}}}
That's kinda good news, especially since it's not cancer. Kick your mom outta there tomorrow (today) and hang in there. As for sleeping in your childhood home...I do hope you got some rest :)
All my best to your dad :)

t0meh said...

All the best to you and your family Agnes, best wishes - Tom X

Lindsey said...

Great news!!! So glad to here it!

That would be weird to sleep alone in your parent's home...
YOu'll do fine.

Phred said...

Agnes, Hang in there girl, you can do it.
We ARE praying for all of you.

Sellrealest8 said...

Agnes, glad to hear it is not cancer!!! He is in my prayers along with you and your mom! Hang in there!

Trée said...

Hey Aggie, if you get scared late at night all by yourself, you know where to find me :-)

Keeping you and your dad in my thoughts and prayers. Godspeed.