Tuesday, September 13, 2005

9-13-05 Breakfast Cake!

MMMmmmmm....breakfast cake. What's better than that?!
(There's a Bill Cosby routine going in my head. "Cake has flour and milk and eggs....")

I AM ON VACATION. Woohoo. I can't tell you how great it is to just sit home, knowing I have time on my hands and NO responsibilities. I needed this. Major downtime. It's great to move at my own pace. Have a little coffee. Take a long shower. DO NOT fix my hair. DO NOT put on makeup. I'm in heaven!

Linny, in response to your last post: I have not drawn much in the past 11 years. The previous career took that from me. Took it right out of me to be honest.
Like you, I cannot draw stick figures. Well, I can draw one. It looks like the little guy in the game hang-man. That's pretty much it for stick-figure-poses.
I also cannot draw a straight line. Never could. Far too anal retentive.
I've never been able to draw in ink either. Too much of a committment, I think.
I draw in shades, not lines. I smudge and erase. It's my...um..tecnique. It is what seem natural to me.

Thank you for the compliments on the Stephanie Seymore drawing. The Karen sketch was a rare thing for me. I did it in 5 hours on a Saturday. This has never been the case for me. Stephanie took the better part of 5 days.

For me, drawing requires that I get "in the zone". It's a sort of unconscious-subconscious state. Time passes very quickly there.
More often than not, I do not even see the composition as I am drawing it and I am ALWAYS surprised when it is complete. It is a beautiful and humbling experience for me.

On that note Linny, you have inspired me to seek out some of my old drawings. I have time on my hands today and I'm going to go treasure hunting. Stand by for the results of the search.

And Trée, I MIGHT have found a photo of me that isn't too awful. We'll see if I break my anonymity and put it up here somewhere.
;)

7 comments:

Autumn Storm said...

Look forward to the possible viewing of some of your work.

Very nice photo - your sister must be incredibly stunning, if she outdoes you :-)

Agnes said...

Aw, Autumn, you make me blush.
My sister is so incredibly pretty that she is, in fact, hard to look at. I often find myself, rudely, staring at her beauty.

As for me, I think I look like Katey Segal on Married With Children. Not that she's not pretty. She is. Just in an odd comfortable sort of way. That suits me fine.

The gallery is open. It's not all beautiful stuff though.

Lindsey said...

Actually I thought you were beautiful. And your work is amazing...honestly i wish I had just a smidgen of your tallent. Thank you so much for posting those...You should definetly continue with your art...

Anonymous said...

*waves at Agnes*
So that's what you look like :) And I agree with Linny, you're beautiful...and not just in an odd comfortable way...LOL

Agnes said...

LOL Thanks you two.
Seriously, I was all gussied up in that photo. You know those tabloid pics of movie stars where they look great in make-up and then without they look like hell? Yeah, don't catch me without makeup. LMAO

Actually, I can remember thinking as a kid, "At least I'll be pretty when I grow up because my mom is OLD and she's still pretty." LOL Turns out she wasn't old at all. hahaha!
She still looks damned good though.

Trée said...

Agnes, I have to agree with Autumn and Linny and Christa. Mmm . . .might need to start staying up late and checking my email more often ;-)

Agnes said...

LOL Trée - you are too much!

I should post a photo w/no makeup and insomnia. That'll stop you all in your tracks. HAH!