Friday, September 09, 2005

9-9-05 American Heart Association

I wish you could meet this girl. She's one of the sweetest people I've ever known. She has a charm and a smile that lights up the world around her.
Please read below.

From: Gena Elam
Hello!

I am participating in the Katy Heart Walk this year to raise money for the American Heart Association. Each year it becomes more important to me. The money that is raised will go towards research to help find ways to sustain my personal health and the health of many others like me. Research on how to improve transplants and other operations could help me in the future. This money will also go towards research pertaining to heart disease and stroke, which are the Number 1 and Number 3 killers among adults in our nation right now. I have a goal to reach, and if you can, I am asking for your donation to this cause. How ever much or little will be greatly appreciated and beneficial.

You can help me reach my goal by making a donation online. Click on the link below and you will be taken to my personal donation page where you can make a secure online credit card donation. The American Heart Association's online fundraising website has a minimum donation amount of $25.00. If you prefer to donate less, you can do so by sending a check directly to me.

Follow This Link to visit my personal web page and help me in my efforts to support TXA - Katy, TX

Thank you in advance for all your help and support.

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

I'm so glad I started getting involved in charity organizations. This year with the Cancer walk was my first time and it is really a great experience. Hard work..but great.

Agnes said...

It is an amazing experience, isn't it Linny? All those souls moving together; an aura of support and fellowship surrounding them. Inspiring!!

I've never walked but I've done a bit of artwork for a few causes. It is a grand feeling to be a part of it.

I give to a variety of causes and groups every year. That would be my biggest delimma if I ever won the lottery. I would hand it all away like candy.
It matters not, as long as it helps someone or brings hope into this world.

t0meh said...

I would love to help out various charitys, it's good to know you are making a difference in other peoples lives. We donate to a charity called 'Mencap' every month, to help the disabled.