Thursday, September 08, 2005

9-8-05 Politics

I don't generally discuss politics. Every person has their own perspective and it is not my right to push mine on others. Same goes for religion. This issue is so prevelant, however, that I'm going to do it anyway. I'm angry now.

Our president is lobbying to change our Constitution. Mr. Bush would like to amend the Consitution of the United States and repeal the 22nd amendment. Simply put, he and his party would like to remain in the White House indefinitely. Trust that the hanging chads will assure the results. (Democracy or Dictatorship??)

In my lifetime, I have never been so willing to vote. I'd like to vote today please. Let's amend the 22nd amendment to say that the people (You remember us, right? The country?)can choose term limit in the middle of the term. How's that? (Can you say "impeach"?) Only two more years of dodgeball. Then maybe we can get someone in there who can pronouce "re sesssss ion". (and "nuculer" haha)

MSNBC Attacks the Bush Administration

2 comments:

Trée said...

"Louisiana is a city . . ." I saw that and it still stuns me to see it again. I stand by my earlier post--would someone please fire this man.

Lindsey said...

I'm with you Agnes, I don't usually discuss politics but this is rediculous! What is he thinking! The 22nd amendment is there for a reason and no...I have no interest in him staying for a 3rd term.