Friday, September 23, 2005

9-23-05 4:10p.m. THEY LEFT!!!

Nervous 2

FINALLY my parents left Houston. They took off at about 11:30a.m. and arrived safely in Austin, TX around 4p.m. Nothing like waiting until the last possible minute. They endured their fair share of shouting and crying from myself and the siblings for it.
My Mom says, "Now you know what it felt like raising you kids. All that worrying!"
I said, "Mom, are ya telling me I had this coming???!!"
Pththth....Mom...she's a comedian!

All the family is now out of harm's way with the exception of my old grandpa who boarded up the house and refused to leave. He has food, water, a generator and fuel. If the house remains standing, he'll be fine.
His mother lived to be 102yrs old. I think that hurricane's got it's work cut out for it.

Big, hearty "THANKS!" to all of you who offered hugs and prayers. I think it worked.

4 comments:

Autumn Storm said...

Good news!

Agnes said...

Wonderful news Autumn. I'm sure people in China looked up in wonder and said "what was that sound?"
It was me...sighing relief.

Lindsey said...

lol! i'm sure your mom did get a kick out of that. My Grandmother was the same way as your Grandfather. She and her husband were victims of Katrina but fortunately their house survived. Mom took them supplies and tried to get them to come home with her but they refused. Stubborn old people!

Anonymous said...

Thank heavens.
I've read about ppl who simply cannot get out and who will have to stay through all this...and I can't even imagine the nightmare it must be.
Take good care over the weekend :hugs: