Sunday, November 27, 2005

11-27-05

I have walked every inch of the woods and the creek. I had no idea they went so deep. Must be five miles of brush and trees.
No sign. Nothing. No fur. No struggle. No nothing anywhere.

We put up flyers on the poles and put them in every mailbox. We dropped flyers at every vet in 10 miles and every shelter too.
Maybe. Just maybe.....

My husband returns home tomorrow night. I've already told him the situation. He feels sad and helpless too. I miss him terribly right now and need him here so we can comfort one another. Our two kitties are our only children.

You are all so kind to check back with me. It seems like half my life is sad right now. I hope I don't wear out my welcome.
Thank you all a hundred times over for every little prayer you say. Thank you for keeping us in your hearts.

8 comments:

Trée said...

We're here for as long as you need us. No worries there dear.

Agnes said...

All my love dear. Thank you.
I'll be laying my head on your shoulder now.

Agnes said...

Tracey, my husband told me he had a cat that got locked in a neighbor's garage for two days. When they came home from vacation he ran free and went back home.
I hope my cat got stuck in someone's garage and they're coming back from vacation tonight.

I still hope.

Thanks hon. Thanks to both of you so much. ((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))

Autumn Storm said...

Evening, Agnes, x
Sending more good luck wishes your way, hugs too.

Christa said...

And I was hoping to come here this morning and read that you've found him. Dammit. But as you said, he might have been locked up somewhere. Cats are curious and they can easily be left behind somewhere.
If he doesn't show up after your neighbors return, I suggest that you take a walk around to them and ask if they can open some doors for you. One or two of them might have opened the door to a shed or something and he slipped in. If any of them have sheds.

And I hope you had some rest. Remember that cats are very good in survival :huggggggggs:

Lindsey said...

I get lazy for a couple of days and come back to find out that I've missed lots of stuff.

Poor Agnes...things just keep happening to you. I'm sorry..but he knows his way home. You'll find him.

Agnes said...

Good advice Christa. I think we'll do that. My husband will be home tonight and will spend tomorrow looking too.

Linny, Missed ya. Thanks for stopping in. I hate that all I have is bad news to read.

Autumn and Tracey - as always, I'm so grateful for your company and your kind thoughts.

Love to you all.

Stargazer said...

Oh Agnes, I feel so much for you. I am a cat person, and know how you feel about your kitty.

Years ago, my cat was missing for over two days. It was very cold, and I thought she was gone for good. On day three I heard my kitty meowing VERY loudly at the front door. I ran, of course, and opened the door to my very hungry precious. She had leaves and things stuck in her fur. I don't know where she was, but other than being real hungry, she was fine. I'm hoping your kitty is on an adventure, and will return soon.