Thursday, November 10, 2005

TMI

Remember when you watched the news at 6pm and 10pm? It was just local news, on local TV.
Well, now you can choose from 47 different news programs any time of day.
That's not a bad thing so much.
This morning I learned that the beach outlook in Ft. Lauderdale is quite good today. Malibu, CA too. Unfortunately, I have to sign onto the internet to figure out why my weather will be.

Also, I know all those anchorpersons on the local TV. Even the ones from my childhood. I saw Ron Stone just the other day on a TV ad. It was nice to see him. He looks well.

2 comments:

Christa said...

It's not that long ago that "local" papers were REALLY local either. Heck, when my grandparents were young - around 1900's - there wasn't even any orginized local papers either.

I've got some OOOOOLD papers back in Sweden from 1911, with some news from America hehe....and they were very difficult to get your hands on back then.

Agnes said...

Oh Christa. I bet those are just amazing! Fantastic to read something from the "daily life" of the past.

I'm a city kid. I can't imagine a place that didn't have "organized local papers". LOL Wow.