Saturday, November 05, 2005

Musical Interlude: PHONOVOX

It's time to lighten things up a bit.

PHONOVOX has released their second album "DEMOS ARE FOREVER"

"Phonovox is the sound of voices. The sound of air, moving hearts and hips. The sound of guitar and vocal melodies wrestling and riding with the synergy of bass and drums. Phonovox is a calling out and a coming together; the sensations of a shared experience."



My good friend Pete (that's him on the left trying to making a point) is a member of the band.


Have a listen to "Ghosts" on their music page. (My link didn't work! ACK!)
Yeah Pete, I said I wanted to post "Baggage" which I know you wrote, but Ghosts struck a chord with me. (ha ha, struck a chord....get it?)
They've got some other great songs on their site so give 'em a listen.




Phonovox hails from the jungles of the Big Apple. Their next big gig is at the Continental in Manhattan on Sunday Nov. 13th at 9pm. I know the amazing energy that Pete brings to a room so if you're anywhere in the area you must check out their live shows.

GHOSTS

Oh child what are you waiting for?
Come down; lay it out on the floor
She say’s “I can’t explain. Words don’t seem to mean anything”
“They swirl around then flow down the drain; I’m out of the game
But I’m holding on”

Don’t tell me it’s time to come home
Don’t tell me anything at all

When she’s down she’s hard to get close to
But inside she’s waiting and waiting and waiting for your next move
Saying “I want to be alone, no one’s home; don’t telephone”.
“The thought of you cut’s down to the bone; I’m not made of stone
But I’m holding on”.

Don’t tell me it’s time to come home
Don’t tell me anything at all

Got to put the women and children first
Dry your eyes everybody hurts
Hit the ground the hearts an open book
And in the end you’re left with what you took
Break skin see what’s inside
Keep busy it’s the only way to hide
Pick scabs and some wounds never heal
Yeah that’s the way that proves you can feel
Make a point to touch the ones you love
Pray they see you from above
Everyday you’ve got to make the most
And in the end you’ll exorcise your
Ghost
Ghost

Oh God you’ve got to help with this one
But if she’s already gone I’m wasted
Don’t leave me alone no one’s waiting for me by the phone
My hearts a bruise as I sink like a stone
The cracks have grown
But I’m holding on

Don’t tell me it’s time to come home
Don’t tell me anything at all


(Yo Pete! What happened to the reverb? I liked the reverb! Bwwahahaha)

5 comments:

Trée said...

Aggie, you have wonderful taste in music and everything you've recommended has been great. I look forward to checking these guys out and Ghosts sounds like a great song. Thanks for the heads up on this one.

Trée said...

I downloaded Ghosts. Another great choice Aggie. This song has a wonderful beat, very nicely produced.

Christa said...

Very nice :D
I wish I was in the area so I could actually go and see them too. Can't have it all I guess.

Agnes said...

Thanks so much you two.
They really are an impressive and creative group of guys.

Keep an eye out for that Pete Thompson guy. He's gonna win a Grammy and an Oscar some day!!

Pete, I miss ya man! You keep rocking on! I'll be front row center when your big tour rolls this way!

Autumn Storm said...

Interesting lyrics!