Monday, November 21, 2005

Foggy Brained



Well, I think I've actually used this one before. Does it look familiar?
It does a very nice representation of my thought processes at the moment.

On that note, please pardon me while I post a few good quotes I've been saving up.
They're likely to make more sense than I. Maybe....

The days are too short even for love; how can there be enough time for quarreling?
-Margaret Gatty

Wise sayings often fall on barren ground; but a kind word is never thrown away. (so very true!!)
-Sir Arthur Helps

Just as material things are made of dust, so too are our perceptions and thoughts mere dust. Just as it takes only a moment to wipe the dust from the surface of a mirror, so it takes only a moment to become enlightened, the moment all defiled intentions are cleared from our consciousness, we will see ourselves in the mirror of perfect truth.
-Master Hsing Yun, "Describing the Indescribable"

And most importantly:
You can't keep blaming yourself. Just blame yourself once, and move on.
-Homer Simpson



Good day all. May peace and love walk with you.

7 comments:

Agnes said...

And a good day to you too Tracey.
Yes, I feel a touch out of touch....however, I feel quite happy about it too. Bwwahaha.

No smokies for me so far today - and better yet, I don't feel the need at all. Ah. Relief at last. (cause yesterday SUCKED - and I cheated once.)

Autumn Storm said...

Day two and already being a non-smoker like a pro ;-), good on ya!

Christa said...

Keep it up, Agnes. Get that drawingpad out and create something :) It will keep you occupied :)

I like the Homer Simpson one...that's something we women should learn :D

Becky L said...

homer simpson said that?

well, i love it.

its gonna be my mantra this week; i'll say it over and over to myself

Abigail S. said...

I love the one by Margaret Gatty. Absolutley LOVE it!

Thanks for the good quotes! Some of them are much needed!

Agnes said...

So very glad I could oblige. We all needed a bit of inspiration, I believe.
No cheating so far today. Doing much better and feeling less like I need the nicotine.
Christa - you couldn't be more right. I do need to get the drawing pad out and just draw ANYTHING. Anything at all.

I send the hubby off for 6 days tomorrow night. I will have nice downtime and he won't be smoking around me. A great time to get motivated toward other things. :)
And - time to get out the xmas decorations. Weeeee.

Autumn Storm said...

Just checking in on you too, hope alls well, x